- Getting excited about BLW. Although it’s so simple and doesn’t require much preparation, I still got the “equipments” and another book (totally unnecessary)
the plate, food-storage and the cutest food masher
- When we go out and people look at Sofia and then look at me… am I seeing a hint of surprise or jealousy?
- I can’t stop telling girls/women to have a baby ASAP! It’s truly the best thing in the world.
- With Sarah, we agreed that motherhood has grown in us. We were skeptical about people saying how wonderful motherhood is it (thinking… of course, what are they going to say once they’re moms!), but seriously being a mom ROCKS!
- I realized there’re two types of weight reaction to breastfeeding: those that keep an extra 5-10 lbs as long as they BF; and those that feels BF is eating them alive. The difference is statistically different, although the only explanatory variable would be genetic. (economist talk!) I didn’t want to say here that I belong to the second group to invite haters, but it turned out I’m not the only, my friend Sarah, this lady and her commenters are all below pre-pregnancy weight.
- I sleep 8 hrs everyday but still feel exhausted by thursday. Working too hard? or milk producing is too exhausting? or am I just getting old? I often find myself needing naps or longer night sleeps over the weekend as if I didn’t sleep enough during the week.
- I stopped stressing about Sofia’s nap. If one day she doesn’t nap well in one of those supposed-to-be-sleeping time, two months ago I’d get stressed out afraid of getting her to a bad routine. Now, I don’t care. I just take advantage of the extra time to play with her.
- Although I use the handsfree bra when pumping, the last 5 min is not handsfree anymore because I massage the spots to get the last drop of it. I need to apply those techniques learned from the 150 bucks session.
- I pumped for the first time in a bathroom. I had training last week so I didn’t have my office. The noise is loud and I’m sure ladies doing their things next door can hear me. But I don’t care AT ALL! Yes, it’s disgusting to be “cooking” in a bathroom, but you got to do what you got to do.
- I started finding reading baby books not a waste of time. I know I’ll soon be entertained by cartoons.