SAturday’s breakfast: the usual banana-egg pancake. This time instead of coconut flour I used almond flour. It’s nice too but I prefer the texture of the one with coconut. It’s more cake-like.
from Tj’s and WF
- My new beloved soy yogurt
- nut butter
- organic pear (for Sofia)
- Suzie’s thin corn cake (obsessed with it)
- Theo chocolates
- 2 bunches of organic kale (for my new salad obsession)
- organic romaine
- cherry tomato
- avocado (a weekly must!)
- cocoa powder
- golean cereal
- organic thousands island dressing (mom’s favorite!)
- english cucumber
- Tj’s vainilla almond milk
New products: Baby organic Whole grain oatmeal cereal, for Sofia
oatmeal is better than rice because rice could be constipating.
Raw sunflower seeds (for a baking project)
Justin’s honey almond butter. I’ve read so many good things about it that I need to try it.
Theo chocolates: dark chocolates with toasted coconut (thumb down!), with mint (thumb up!)
And here’s my new salad obsession: massaged kale salad with tahini-avocado
- 3-4 cups of kale
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 serv. firm tofu, scrambled
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- pinch of cayenne pepper
1. Prepare the dressing: tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup, salt and cayenne pepper well mixed.
2. Pour the dressing over kale, add chopped avocado, tofu and mix well with hands (or massage it).
3. Add cherry tomato and mushrooms.
4. Let it sit for 30-60 min before serving.
5. Prepare to enjoy a tasty, filling and delicious salad!! 🙂
Q: Do you like kale? What’s your favorite way to eat it? I didn’t like kale first unless it’s in chips form. But lately I’m obsessed with it, it has became my favorite green veggie. The key to eat it raw is to massage it with the dressing and let it sit for a while before serving. It’s soooo delicious and full of nutrients.