I used my new running shoes for the first time yesterday!!! I’d say it worth every penny of the 100 bucks!!! 😀 It’s light, it fits perfectly and I can tell that it provides more cushion than my previous nike. 😀
I was feeling weak yesterday, I slept a 2 hours nap (very unusual :shock:). I needed a stress reliever and a mental giveaway (my coding didn’t went well and I was in panic). I ended up doing 4.5 miles, 35’50”, 8 min/mile.
For lunch I made a japanese style meal using these
Soba salad with veggies and bonito flakes! 😀 YUM~~
I’ll definitely make it more during the summer! It’s easy and delicious!
What you need: soba, veggies, bonito flakes, bonito seasoned soy sauce (or just soy sauce), sesame oil, salt and sugar.
1) cook the soba, rise with cold water and set aside
2) cook veggies with salted water
3) prepare the sauce: 2 part of soy sauce + 1 part of sesame oil + salt + sugar
4) mix everything and top with bonito flakes!
I also made asian “pudding” using cooked white fungus with goji berries
used agar-agar powder + stevia (review to come)
isn’t it pretty? 🙂
Continued with asian flavors, dinner was chinese. I made steamed fish just like chinese restaurants.
1) Steam the fish (seasoned with salt, cooking wine and ginger) for 7 min in boiling water.
2) Heat 1 tbsp of canola oil + 2 tbsp soy sauce
3) Pour the hot oil to the steamed fish and top it with fresh scallion.
I can guarantee you that it’s AMAZING!!!
assorted veggie stir-fry
porridge made with millet, polenta, goji berries and chinese dates
very satisfying meal~~~ I’m sooo making the fish again tonight! 😀
A race? Yeah~~~ I’m going to run my first 5K today! in <2 hours!!!! 😆 As everything else that I do (like getting married?), it was 100% spontaneous decision. After I came back yesterday from the run, I was feeling the runner’s high and decided that I’d participate the 5k for autism organized by my university!!!! 😀
I’ll be back later with the result!!! 😀 Wish me luck!
Q: when was your first 5K? Stats? not to compare 😉 just to have a reference.