June 20, 2012 · 8:19 AM
I had almost 2 lbs of tilapia sitting in the fridge for months! I couldn’t think of a way that I want to eat them, except in fish ball soup! So I made them into balls! 🙂
Homemade fish ball (yields 30)
- 770g tilapia
- 2/3 cup egg white (I haven’t seen any recipe using whole eggs)
- 2 inch of ginger, chopped
- 3 green onion, chopped
- tamari soy sauce
- white pepper
ground everything into the food processor
Form balls and then either steam them or pouring them into boiling water. When they come to the surface, they’re done.
I made a soup with chicken stock, napa cabbage, fish balls and spicy sauce. It was delish!!! 🙂
June 19, 2012 · 8:18 AM
I first wanted to make chinese radish cake (萝卜糕）but then I realized that I didn’t have rice flour. So I made pancake instead.
Radish pancake, chinese style (12 palm size pancakes)
- 900g, chinese radish
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 10-12 dry shiitake mushroom, hydrated
- 4 eggs beaten or 1 cup of egg white (I was running out of egg so I used carton egg white liquid)
- 1/4 cup WW flour
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- oil for sautee onion and shiitake
1) shred chinese radish. With a spiralizer it’s much easier.
2) boiled it in water for 3-4 min. Rise well and chop roughly.
3) hydrate shiitake mushrooms and chopped it or grounded it food processor
4) sautee onions in some oil and add to the radish
5) Add sautéed shiitake mushrooms
6) Mix flours, eggs and baking power and add to the mix.
7) Heat the pancake maker to 350F and spread the mix. Cook 5-6 min each side or until brown.
Final products! 🙂
Can’t wait to have them for breakfast with some homemade soy milk! 🙂
March 26, 2012 · 7:52 AM
- We met the baby this week. It was the most real thing we’ve experience since we discover I’m pregnant! 😆
- I booked ticket to Argentina! Star is going for business, my BFF is visiting her family in Buenos Aires, so I decided to go there to meet her! It has been 6 months since I started working and haven’t take any vacation. I don’t feel the need because the work is not stressful and I rest well on the weekends. But the fact that I’m going to meet my BFF, her husband and her mom really made me decide to go there! We met 16 years ago in Buenos Aires. Now we both live abroad, it’s nice to meet again in Buenos Aires.
- Saturday: we invited a couple friend and Adam for dinner. I prepared a big spread of food for them.
as usual, red sauced pork
pork rib soup with chinese yam and carrot
Spicy whole tilapia. This dish is becoming a new staple at our party-dinner tables. Star approved it! 😉
spicy sauteed potatoes
kelp salad with garlic and chili
cucumber salad with garlic
scrambled egg with tomato
It was a nice dinner. Everyone enjoyed the food a lot. Once again, they made me proud of my cooking skills! 😉
- Sunday: low key. It’s raining so we stayed home. Napping, watching TV and blogging. Maybe we’ll go for a walk later.
Q: What dish makes you proud of yourself?