Sunday was GREAT!!! And when I say great meaning I did a lot.
- 6 hours work
- 2 hours selecting 140 pictures to be print (gift to my parents)
- no yoga, but housing cleaning and laundry which was incredibly relaxing and fun. Anyone needs a cleaning lady? I might take a part-time job! 😉
- the cheapest groceries of 2009! I only spent $15 😯
- create two random recipes which turned out AMAZING 😆 I guess when I’m relaxed and not thinking about work, I do get creative in the kitchen! 😀
Okay. let’s proceed chronologically!
Breakfast: quinoa cooked in vanilla, cinnamon and flaxmeal topped with Aduki coconut mousse (recipe below)
this mousse is Addictive! So, here’s the recipe
Aduki coconut mousse
- 1/4 cup aduki bean dry
- 1/2 cup silken tofu
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil depending how coconut you want it. (in liquid form)
- 2 tbsp water or almond milk
- sweetener ( I used Tj’s stevia)
Method: cook aduki bean with 1-1.5 cup of water until it absorbs all the water. Let it cool. Blend all the ingredients until smooth. Done! It tastes better if you freeze it for 30 min. 😀
Lunch: rainbow stir-fry, last cup of CampbellsV8 soup and porridge
Dessert: baked kabocha with aduki coconut mousse
After cleaning and laundry. I went to Tj’s. I was going to buy potatoes to make a soup (suitable for broken teeth :() but instead I got turnips that were on sale. So, I made turnip cabbage soup which turn out to be delicious. The sweetness of turnip gave it an interesting taste!
- 1 lb turnip
- 1/4 of a big cabbage
- 3 cups of vegetable stock
- 2 cups of water
- 1 onion
- frozen veggies
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 cup flaxmeal
- S+P and Tj’s 12 seasoning
- cook the onion with the oil until brown
- add vegetable stock, water and cabbage
- bake turnip at 400F for 20 min to bring out its sweetness
- add baked turnip to the soup
- blend using a hand blender
- add frozen veggies and seasoning
The last recipe of the day is another random creation 😉
Inspired by yesterday’s broccoli tofu burger (I made it, not brought from the store! ;))
Cabbage tofu mini cake
- 2 cups cabbage
- 1/2 package of firm tofu
- tofu burger mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp flaxmeal
Method: Add everything to the food processor and bake for 25 min at 350F.
So, that was dinner. 3 mini cakes, golden beets
and the soup!
Lastly, I found this picture to share with you: a cute elephant doing crow pose 😯
Q1: How was your Sunday?
Q2: Have you tried turnip? in what form?