As promised here, one chinese dish tutorial every week. I had this fish soup twice since I came back and really like it. It is easy to make, takes about 30-40 min and you get a super tasty and nutritious dish. 🙂
- fish (any part of salmon, I used salmon head)
- fresh ginger
- green onions
- bean sprouts (optional)
- salt + pinch of sugar
- cooking wine
- spicy paste (optional)
1. Seal the fish with some oil and fresh ginger (2 min each side)
2. Add cooking wine and cook for 2-3 min until the wine is evaporated
3. Add water and green onions
4. Cook on high for about 20 min until the water gets a light white color
5. Add the spicy paste
6. Add tofu and sprouts, salt and pinch of sugar
7. Cook for another 10-15 min. Serve!
Sauteed cabbage and porridge 😉
Yesterday breakfast was black bean milk (made with the soy milk maker) and Tj’s 5 grains bread.
I haven’t had bread for over a month… to be honest… I didn’t like it much, but I did enjoy the “black” milk 🙂 It’s so interesting how our tastes change from time to time. I used to be a bread lover, eating 3 bread based meals was a pleasure, but now I barely could finish that slice. 😯
Q1: Is there anything that you used to like a lot but not anymore?
Q2: What do you do between 7-9 PM?
Stay tune for tomorrow’s TCM series #2. Look what’s in my wall