- Last week I submitted two papers that I’ve been working for the last 5 months. It was a great relieve to finally get approved by my manager after several rounds of revisions. Now now I’m in a little break before starting a new project soon.
- More meetings related to job-searching. I’m finalizing this process (fortunately!) and I hope I get to the unit I want. I’ve been lucky to be assigned to where I am now, where I have 100% manage of my time and work program and I didn’t have to travel. From next assignment (3-5 year) I will be doing real work, or the main business of our organization. I’ll be working with others doing projects, meeting other countries’ authorities and traveling. Yes, that part I’m not too excited about because although I love traveling, traveling for work is another story. I have coworkers that started with me, and they’ve been traveling 70% of the time since we started! I wonder if I can do that. I hope I don’t travel more than 4 times a year! Finger crossed. Except for the traveling part, I’m quite excited about what’s going to happen next. It’s a complete new world for me and I’m sure I’ll learn tons.
- Having Star on a business trip (until next Wednesday) I’ve been hanging a lot with mom. It’s quite nice.
- Saturday: mom and I went to outlet to buy some gifts for her friends in Shanghai (she’s going back in two week). I got one shirt (Jcrew) and one dress (Banana Republic).
I like the combination of orange and navy blue. And strips are in fashion this season!
- In the afternoon we went to Georgetown because I wanted to try some items in Zara. Unfortunately nothing fit me well so I got nothing. But I ordered some items online later.
- Sunday: I invited two girl friends to come over for brunch. Look what I prepared for 3 of us and my mom
this dress is actually a pijama, but the pattern is wearable outdoor. I like how soft it is and it was only $20.
baked salmon with cooking wine, soy sauce, brown sugar and black pepper
cornbread basic recipe:
- 1 3/4 cup corn meal
- 1 3/4 cup milk 2%
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
basic waffle recipe:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup WW flour
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 1/2 tsp salt
It was a nice brunch, chatting and laughing. I think girls-gathering is fun, relaxing and we can talk topics not-so-interesting for the boys!🙂
Q: What’s your favorite brunch dish?