Yesterday after a long nap, a friend text me about going to a concert at night. “Sure!” I replied (not even knowing which concert :shock:). And there I was… watching Belle & Sebastian who I knew anything about 😉
It was in DAR Constitution Hall
>2000 seats, all sold out!
the show was great! I like it a lot! I’m getting their album!!! hehehe… 😀
and there was a lot of interaction with the audience
and the best part? I was seated!!! 😉 I’m just too old to stand for 2 hours. I enjoy more the show if I’m comfortable! 😀
Q: Do you prefer seating or standing in concerts?
As promised, here’s my review of Mayumi’s Kitchen
Mayumi worked for seven years as Madonna’s private macrobiotic chef. In this book, she shares her unique view of Macrobiotic cuisine.
What’s Petit Macro? A new take on macrobiotics that is suited to cosmopolitan tastes, with less emphasis on Japanese-style cooking. It is a stress-free way for anyone to enjoy the benefits of macrobiotics without giving up the foods and cooking styles they are used to.
- Avoid dairy products and animal protein because they lead to lifestyle diseases. But she says it is okay to be part of your menu every once in a while. Just eat it with vegetables that are three times the amount of the meat, by weight.
- Use only naturally processed, unrefined ingredients, and, whenever possible, organic, locally grown vegetables.
- Try to eat in a balance fashion, in harmony with the seasons. Chew well, finish eating for the day about 3 hours before going to bed, and stop eating before you are completely full.
- But the most important guidelines is, don’t get bung up on guidelines!
- Make a habit of eating leafy greens and root vegetables, as they will help your body process fat and keep you detoxified.
- Food is important, but feeling good about what you are doing and keeping stress levels down is also important. Stay positive, and just do what you can stick with.
Her recipes are simple. Most of them no more than a few steps. She offered a beginner 10 day detox diet, a beautiful skin, a muscle-building and a weight-loss menu for 3 days.
My take: strongly recommended!
I read all the recipes in one sitting and I want to make every one of them!!! They do require some unconventional ingredients like kombu, umeboshi plums, seitan, protein meat (TVP) but they can be easily found in asian stores. I’ll do the ten day detox. I think it’s a misleading name because it involves no juicing, no special food, just a lot of natural, well balanced meals. I won’t follow it strictly because I don’t want to restrict myself in case I crave certain food; I still want to enjoy meals with my friends and I don’t want to give up coffee. Day 1 starts Monday! 😀 So exciting!!!
Here’s another use of the mushroom sauce (recipe below)
Steamed broccoli and okra, homemade sweet potato gnocchi topped with 1/2 cup tomato sauce and 1/2 cup mushroom sauce
Mushroom sauce adapted from Mayumi’s Kitchen
Ingredients for 2 cups
- 2 cups of assorted mushrooms
- 1 cup almond/soy milk
- 1 medium onion
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp WW flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- use 2 tbsp of coconut oil to brown chopped onions for 8 min. Set aside.
- heat 2 tbsp of coconut oil and add WW/coconut flour, mixing constantly for about 2-3 min.
- add almond milk to 2.
- combine 1 and 3, seasoned with S+P
It’s rich and creamy, slightly sweet. Very good to top steam veggies or as pasta sauce.
Q: Doing anything fun this weekend? I have a BBQ party tomorrow and I’m in charge of the bread 😉