This little person has turned 1 year and half! How time flies???? and every day she’s becoming more fun!! Now that she understands and has her own opinion, our interaction is different than when she was a baby and only receptive. Now she can give back. She knows how to get us happy and mad, and constantly tests us. 😉 I LOVE being her mama!!!
She’s such a happy silly girl most of the days. She simply turns on our days and whatever happens to my day, when I see her, everything is fine… actually more than fine, everything is marvelous.
when she was a little baby, I knew she needed me for protection and nurishment, but not necessarily she needed me emotionally. Now she does and she shows it. I am her refugee, her safe place, her play partner, her entertainer, her friend.
Sleeping: mainly like last month. She wakes up between 6-6:30am, plays 5-10 min in her crib and then “call” us to get her. During the week she’d take a catnap on the ride for 30-40 min, and then takes 1.5-2 hrs nap between 1-3pm at the daycare. She goes to sleep at night between 8-8:30pm (almost 1 hr later than before!) after the night routine (bath, moisturing, play in her room with no light, padding, kissing and she waves us before we leave the room). Sometimes she could play in the dark for 20 min before falling asleep, other times she’s asleep within 2 min. During the weekend, she’d take 2 hrs nap between 10:30-11am to 1pm, which is ideal because it disupts her lunch time and makes her tired by 6pm but too early for bedtime. So, we’ll try to switch the routine a bit next month, ideally to have the nap after lunch.
Eating: 80% of the time she eats well and eats by herself, specially when she is at the daycare. At home, she wants to play so she’s usually done in 5-10 min, so chasing after her occurs more often than I wanted, but I am more relaxed about it these days. She’s a good eater in general and I’m fine with that 80%. Her menu at home:
breakfasts: homemade blueberries muffin, pancakes, french toasts, milk with granola, milk with cereal, almond butter and jelly sandwich. She also has juice (apple/carrot/cucumber/celery/lemon) everyday if we do and lately she has started taken milk. For a long time, she wants nothing to do with milk so I started mixing chocolate coconut water with milk and she likes it. Nowadays, we can get her to drink at least 1 cup per day.
meals: Tj’s mini chicken potstick (12!), pappardelle with homemade bolognese sauce with veggies and ground beef, stir-fry rice with egg, frozen peas and corns. These are 3 favorite meals. I also try to introduce new combos such as ricotta ravioli, meat loaf, chinese noodles, stir-fry soba noodles with veggies, scrablemd eggs, quesadilla, etc.
snacks/desserts: yogurt, smoothies made yogurt/milk/banana, fruits (clementine, grapes, banana, blueberries, orange), applesauce pouches, animal crackers. We don’t usually give her snacks between meals unless she didn’t eat much, so these are mainly desserts.
She eats always with utensils (sometimes she even refuses start eating if we don’t give her utensils) and started using cups for drinks. She’s very good at both, no mess.
New developments: so many things happened this month!
- She’s learning new words almost everyday. Now she can say: papa, mama, grandma and grandpa (in shanghainese), her fav teacher’s name (Ati), car (in shanghainese and spanish), water (spanish), nana for banana, thank you (english), sit down, shoes, hat, go down, light, milk, auntie, clean up (shanghainese), bye (spanish and english).
- She has became more interactive with her friends at the daycare. For example, when they move from one classroom to another, she would be the one waving to the group to move together, and if someone is lagging behind, she’d take her/his hand and drag him/her to the other room. And when someone is crying, be’d softly touch his/her head and say “nice nice”, something that the teacher does. She loves dancing with other kids and give them hugs. One time, she was so enthusiastic in hugging everyone that she fell down and bumped her head.
- She learned that chinese books are with grandma and spanish books are with mama. So if I tell her to grab a book, she’d grab Buenas Noches Luna first and others later.
- She takes off her shoes by herself, and even put them on once.
- She started to play alone at the playground and so excited about her newly independence.
- She has preference over clothing. If she doesn’t want to put some particular item on, she’d refuse it and would pick the one she wants.
- She’s very good at cleaning the mess. She loves pooling things out from the cabinet, especially in the bathroom when she always accompany me while I get ready in the morning. She’d play by taking the jars/bottles out and when I tell her that I’m almost done, she’d start putting things back. Of course, she doesn’t always behave so well, but most of the time she’ll do it, either all by herself or with my assistance.
- She has 4 molars and 8 teeths. They just came out without notice, no teething, nothing! 🙂
- Dancing! Whenever music is on, she wants to take someone for dance.
- she likes playing ball with us. Basically she throw it, I kick it away and she laughing like a silly girl. 🙂
- her fine motors are great! She can make a bead very quickly.
her drawing is still nonsene but still amazing that she can do it thanks to the practices she gets at the daycare
- she likes pushing her stroller
- she likes playing with the rice box
- playing at the playground by herself, for hours!!!
- she likes practicing independence such as taking her shoes off by herself
She’s such a happy girl nowadays. Most of the time, she laughs and make us laugh with no particular reason. She just seems so happy and I love it!!!
sometime I wonder when and where she learn things… like this posture? Just tooo funny!!! 😆
Weight: 20lb. 2 oz (18%)
Height: 30.5 in (40%)
HC: 18.65 in (75%)