Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope you had a wonderful celebration with your loved ones. We certainly did! 🙂
First order of business…. what I’m thankful this year:
- I’m thankful to have Sofia in my life, the best gift I could ever ask and ever imagined.
- I’m thankful to have my mom living with us. I hope my dad continues to recover well and will join us next year.
- I’m thankful to have Star, although we’ve been apart for the last 13 months, I’m really looking forward to have him next year and stay together ever after.
- I’m thankful to have a job that I truly love, which allows me to accomplish myself professionally.
- I’m thankful to have a small circle of close friends who I can rely on and accept me just as I am.
- I’m thankful to be healthy and content 99% of the time.
- I’m thankful to love have the life I have ! 😀
Instead of Thanksgiving dinner, we made it Thanksgiving lunch because my friend Sarah and I both have a small kid and dinner wouldn’t work. I decorated the table for 5 adults and 2 kids.
I was in charge of making 5 side dishes. Stuffing preparation:
to be more special, I made blue cornbread
ready to be baked
thanksgiving is all about stuffing right? Stuffed turkey, stuffed squash, and stuffed our belly 😉
I made stuffed kabocha with quinoa and pomegranate
everything ready for the guests to arrive
while we waited, Sofia played and munched puffs
although we dine in, I still dressed up for the occasion
Okay. the menu:
Harvest salad made with kale, roasted squash, quinoa, cranberry and dressed with fig balsamic + olive dressing. YUM YUM YUM~~~
Roasted kabocha stuffed with quinoa and pomegranate
Sauteed green beans
Sour cream mashed potato
Sausage cornbread stuffing that was ABSOLUTELY delicious!!! Are we allowed to eat stuffing in non thanksgiving days??? 🙄
Sarah brought turkey with gravy (store bought)
Sofia and Tara were eager to start the meal
My plate: a bit of everything!!! I loved all the side dishes, the turkey was just the excuse to have all the other dishes. After this, I had more of the side dishes, soooo good!!!
Sarah also brought dessert. She made a red velvet cake with cream cheese icing
and a pecan pie
together with cream peach ice cream!
We really did stuffed ourselves. 😉
As the adults chat, the babies played with the turkey
Does she look like me? I swear I looked like her when I was her age!
my celebration buddy~~
It was a lovely thanksgiving celebration, the first of our extended family tradition for years to come! 😀