I’m heading back to office next Tuesday. 😦 SAD SAD SAD to leave this little person.
So what I did over the last few days?
- Soaking up with her ALL the time!!!
I say this over and over again, but I’m loving her more each day!!! She’s been the nicest
baby girl ever!!! Sooo adorable to be with!
She still loves bath time. The other night when I was holding her, my mom said. You know what she looks like?
the koala I hold in Australia! 😆
of course, Sofia is so much more fun!!! She smiles at the camera! 😉
- I set up the curtain for the nursery, ALL by myself, with the drill and all! So proud of myself! 🙂
We have blinds but during the day the it’s still very bright. After four months, babies begin to behave more like adults and need dark room to sleep better during the day. So I got the block light curtains from overstock.com. I got in the lightest shade (beige) but it stills blocks most of the light.
- Watching her several times at time because she could turn all the way to the other side of the crib!!! I’m terrified that one day she’ll roll over or get stuck at the side. Swaddle days are limited.
We do tummy time everyday to catch her first roll, and after she does that, we won’t swaddle her anymore at night.
We’re trying to let her sleep in the crib for naps as well now that we have the curtain. She has no problem falling sleep, but her naps are shorter this way. So she’s not ready to wean the swing. We’ll try later.
- I’ve been cooking and baking a bit preparing for the return-to-work. Made Mama pea’s chocolate cookies without the chocolate chips
Healthy nut butter cookies with raisin (12 cookies)
- 1/3 c. almond butter
- 1 T. ground flax + 3 T. water, whisked and allowed to sit until thickened
- 1/4 c. almond milk
- 1/3 c. stevia baking blend
- 1 t. vanilla
- 2/3 c. oat flour
- 1/3 c. vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/4 t. sea salt
- 1/4 c. raisin
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together nut butter, egg, milk and sweetener and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine oat flour, protein powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture to the wet ingredients and beat until well combined.
- Fold in raisins.
- Scoop dough out by heaping spoonful and place on a lightly greased cooking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until cookies are set and lightly browned. Allow to cool for one minute before transferring to a cooling rack.
I find it a bit too sweet, so next time I’ll decrease the sweetener. Otherwise it’s really good. I’ve been having 2 in the afternoon as snack and loving it! 🙂
I also found a new breakfast combo that I’m absolutely in love and portable to work! 🙂
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 15 g protein powder
- 2 tablespoons PB2 (12 grams)
- pinch of stevia extract
- 1/3 cup oats
- cinnamon, splash of vanilla
- 1/2 cup Tj’s rice crisp
YUM YUM~~~ Love it!
I also tried making a new chinese dish: soy glazed duck!
My parents loved it!
Still enjoying black chicken with black fungus and bok choy.
a new tofu which is called vegetarian chicken in China. Used it for stir-fry and it gives a great flavor.
Got to enjoy the last weekend with my loves! 🙂 See ya later~~~