What happen in CT was a tragedy! We don’t understand. We feel useless. We doubt human nature.
Before having Sofia I would take it as a tragedy and feel sorry for the parents and move on. Now, I feel it’s the end of the world if it ever happened to me. I can only imagine what these parents are going through and I’m sure what I imagine is just a infinite portion of their pain.
99% of the time I believe things happen for a reason, but not this time. There’s no justifiable reason for this to happen to anyone ever!All I wanted to do was stay at home and hold my little one close. More than ever, I’m thankful to have her, and I promise to myself to love her with all my capacity EVERYDAY! Just being able go look at her closely is a bless, and I will not take that for granted.
The mood, the weather were not the best over the weekend so we did little:
- I visited my friend Sarah who had her baby girl last Monday. Tara is about the size of Sofia when S was born. Holding her small body made me realize how much Sofia has grown. I miss those first few days of her newborn face already. I’m sure I will miss the baby stage very soon and want to have another baby to revive the experience.
- Mom and I went to the mall on Saturday, and man, it was PACKED! For our surprise, the noise of the mall kept Sofia asleep for two hours!!! I got a tee from Banana Republic for $10 (had 15$ birthday coupon) and Sephora’s birthday gift: my favorite lip balms.
- Naps happened more than usual
- Our fridge is almost empty
we wanted to eat up everything before Dad’s arrival tomorrow so we go to buy groceries together. He has been missing chinese food for a while since he spent few months in Argentina
- Few meals
poached salmon + bok choy + corn
beef + salad + homemade bread + sausage
sauteed squid with napa cabbage and chinese pickles
sauteed bok choy, cauliflower, black fungus in olive preserve
- Sofia record 9 (7:30 pm – 4:30 am) + 2.5 hrs one night!!! 😯 this girl likes her beauty sleep, eh? And the following night she slept from 7:45 pm – 4:15 am again!!! Her sleep is progressing way faster than I expected. I’m hopeful that she will sleep through the night in a month when I go back to work! Finger crossed!