We had a productive day.
- A morning photo session with a little girl that is growing way too fast!!!
who’s becoming more and more naughty. Mom and I notice that she might start understanding things. For example, she’d fuss and cry and look at us like checking on us to see if we’d respond to her request (being hold). It is really a funny facial expression. I wish I could capture that.
mom and I agreed that if she starts to try to “manipulate” us with her fuss, we wouldn’t give in! We’d let her cry/fuss and only pick her up when she stops. I’m sure we won’t be able to do that all the time, but at least that’s the intention, we don’t want to spoil Sofia.
although it would be hard not to when I look at this face.
- For our morning walk, we walked to a new commercial complex that’s 2 miles away from home. All the stores are brand new: MOMs organic market, Anthropologie, Le Pain Quotidien, Sweet Green, to mention a few of my favorite stores. It also has a Target, a cinema and other clothing stores and restaurant. We love our new neighbor!!! 😀
- I ordered 100 prints and a photo book for Sofia. I want to record every facial expression of her! I even found a deal to get the for free!!! Yey~~~ I’m so happy to save $50!
- I had some good eats as well
chocolate gluten free pancake (simply add 1 tbsp of cocoa powder to the mix) with almond butter sauce
sauteed broccoli, onion, oyster mushroom and shrimp; side: corn
seasoned with soy sauce and black pepper (a lot of it!)
sautéed chinese mustard greens with oyster mushroom, kabocha
- I did 20 min of pilates. It’s nice to do other kind of abs work other than crunches and plank. 🙂
- I did research on “how to blog to book”. I want to print all posts from the previous 3 years into books. They record my life during a time of big changes, so I want to have a hard copy of them.
2 firsts on sleep:
1) Sofia didn’t sleep well the first stretch of the night well for the first time I put her down at 7:30 as usual but she woke up at 8 pm, went back to sleep after I give her the pacifier, up again at 8:30, then again at 9 and 9:30 until 12:30.
2) this morning for the first time she didn’t stir around 5 am. She slept straight from 4 am to 6:30, I gave her the pacifier and put her in the swing and she slept until 7am.
I hope #1 is a fluke and #2 is a new pattern.