This is going to be the last pregnancy weekly update!!!! 😯 Why? Because I’m scheduled for induction next Wednesday 9/26!!! Sooooo exciting!!!! We’re finally reaching the final day and meet our lovely little girl!!! 😆
Let me rewind a bit. I had my weekly appt last Thursday. The doc checked me and I was 1.5 cm dilated! I wasn’t in my last two appts, so some real progress was going on without me noticing. Sofia is still in a perfect position for birth. We did a quick ultrasound and the doctor estimated she would be around 7 lbs. next Wednesday. He will be away for a trip so if I don’t go labor before Wednesday, a backup doctor on call will delivery me. So he gave me the option to induce me on Wednesday if I don’t go naturally earlier. I thought why not? By then, I’ll be 39W3D, she’s in perfect position, my cervix is opened and we’re ready! 🙂 So I’m officially scheduled for next Wednesday!
Meanwhile I’m doing my best to trigger induction these days, which means walking more, sit up on the gym ball, maybe do some acupressure. On Saturday I had some mild period cramps for a couple of hours, but did not progressed toward real labor. This morning (Sunday) I lost the mucus plug, tinted with some blood! I guess we still have hope to go before Wednesday, finger crossed! 🙂
No other new symptoms other than lower back discomfort, sore legs, constipation. Still no swelling at all, which surprised me! I can still wear rings, even a bit loser than before. Sleep is really good despite 5-6 trips to the bathroom. Over the weekend, I even take 2 naps other than 9+ hrs of sleep at night. I know I’m so lucky to be able to get good rest even in the late pregnancy when I hear everyone complaining about not being able to sleep.
Last preggy pics!
How I’m feeling at 39 weeks
- Baby size: 20 inches, almost 7 lbs.
- Sleep: 8-9 hrs, feeling great!
- Cravings: none.
- Appetite/hunger: Not much but trying to eat more to my little girl’s chubbiness. 😉
- Exercise: 45 min of ET or incline walking in the AM and 40 min or longer leisure walking at night, 3 times a week I’d do some upper body work.
- Symptoms: Lower back discomfort. Constipation. Took colace three times and got some relieve.
- Weight: 0. 13 lb in total.
- Maternity cloth? None.
- Stretch marks? Nope.
- Gender: Girl!!!
- Movement: She’s still moving a lot all day long. I love it because I feel her presence so I don’t need to do any stress-test. I know I will miss this feeling soon.
- Emotions: Sooo happy to know that we’ll meet her in a matter of days!!! I’m not so worry about the induction process itself because I know it ends either way. But I’m so anxious to finally meet Sofia!
- Looking forward: To meet Sofia and to become a mom!!! It stills sounds surreal to me that I will be a mom!!! My mom is here with me, which gives me a lot of emotional support.
I think my next post will be “going to hospital?”!