Still hanging on here! 🙂
Every night I tell Sofia: good girl, we’ve had another great day! Although she could come out any day, I still would like her to be inside me for few more days. I’ve read so many birth stories that convinced me that babies born before 39 weeks tend to be small (like 6 lbs or so). Ideally, I would her to be at least 7 lbs. I was a 7 lbs baby and my mom told me that I was chubby and all. 🙂
I’m still feeling very good in general, some minor aches and soreness around mid section, but nothing major. One thing that got intensified is poor circulation. Sitting in the office became more uncomfortable. After 3 PM I start to feel my legs swollen, not a lot, but enough to be noticeable. The belly makes the circulation harder and I can’t lift my legs up when I’m not at home. And at night, my legs are sore and sometimes cramp. Star’s massage feels great and I request it every night.
I had the doctor appt on Friday, he checked me (less annoying this time), still not dilated but he says it’s normal for first pregnancy. The sequence is usually first contractions, then dilatation. Sofia is still head down and has turned inward, so now she’s in anterior position. Good girl, she has turned. 🙂
My belly stayed the same I think and I’m carrying it really low.
this is how I look dressed for work.
All pre-pregnancy cloth.
How I’m feeling at 38 weeks
- Baby size: almost 20 inches, 6.8 lbs.
- Sleep: 8-9 hrs. 4 nights out of 7 I woke up between 3-4 AM and didn’t sleep well afterwards. Magically I don’t feel more tired and sleepy the following day. I guess it’s my body preparing for after-birth.
- Cravings: none.
- Appetite/hunger: Still trying to eat more although nothing sounds good.
- Exercise: 45 min of ET or incline walking in the AM and 40 min leisure walking at night, 3 times a week I’d do some upper body work.
- Symptoms: Midsection soreness. Constipation. I tried all the natural methods that used to work but they stopped working this time. I guess it’s time for some stool softeners.
- Weight: 0. 13 lb in total.
- Maternity cloth? None.
- Stretch marks? Nope.
- Gender: Girl!!!
- Movement: Still a lot of movements but they’re not as strong as they used to be. They don’t hurt anymore but still noticeable for me to know she’s well.
- Emotions: Happy, happy, happy!!! We’re soooo close!!! Our life is about to change and I’m sure it’s going to change for something better!!!
- Looking forward: To next doc appt and hopefully I get to write 39 weeks post!