I’m full term, finally!!! Sofia can arrive anytime from now on and will be safe! How exciting is that????
I had my first weekly appointment last Thursday and the doc did the B-strap test. He also did a cervix check. I was finger tip dilated, not effaced, and station -1 which means he could touch baby’s head!!! Wooo!!! That’s something! It was an uncomfortable check I’d say, but the news made me forget about it right away. He touched and measured my belly and confirmed that the baby has dropped. He estimated that Sofia is around lbs. She has entered the pelvic area. She is head down, probably half anterior, I hope she turns during the delivery. So far so good!!! I also asked the doctor if I have good fluid to keep the baby safe. He did a quick ultrasound and said I have plenty of fluid. We went over symptoms of labor and what I should do in case my water break, either leaking or gush. This is getting real!!!!
I’m getting more uncomfortable these days, mainly due to lower back and hips soreness. They’re not because of the belly, but because of the pre-labor hormones that relaxes these areas. I can’t find a comfortable position when I’m sitting on the couch, and when I sit in the office, I have to sit very straight. Restless legs have been happening more often, mainly at night when I’m lying on the bed. But all these discomfit are minor compared to what we’ll going to experience. I know that baby develops the brain quite fast during the last few weeks, so as long as she’s comfortable there, I can wait few more weeks for her benefit. 🙂
Following Kath, I started taking Red Raspberry Tea and Evening Promrose oil. I hope they helps to prepare the uterus and cervix for the labor.
My belly continued to grow, and from the pics it’s clear that I’ve dropped
rounding and popping… every week I feel that I can’t grow anymore but it does
How I’m feeling at 37 weeks
- Baby size: almost 20 inches, 6 lbs.
- Sleep: 8-9 hrs. I’m so lucky to be able to sleep well at this stage. I have to thank to Star for doing massage for me every night! 🙂
- Cravings: none.
- Appetite/hunger: As the belly dropped, I can eat larger meals, so I’ve been eating as much as I can although I don’t find them tasty in general. Just eating for Sofia to gain some weight now. 🙂
- Exercise: 45 min of ET or incline walking in the AM and 40 min leisure walking at night, 3 times a week I’d do some upper body work.
- Symptoms: Lower back, hips and leg soreness are getting more intense. Bloating and minor constipation is back. I guess my guts are squeezed badly now.
- Weight: +1. 13 lb in total.
- Maternity cloth? None. I guess I can use the $$ I saved from that for Sofia later. 😉
- Stretch marks? Nope.
- Gender: Girl!!!
- Movement: A lot of movements. Now that I know her position, I’m pretty sure what I see when I see something poking out. So fun but sometimes it hurts a bit.
- Emotions: Happy and anxious. I can’t wait to start the labor and meet her. I haven’t had BH, not that I’m aware of, so it will be tricky to know when the labor starts.
- Looking forward: To meet our little girl and hold her in my arms, tell her how much we love her even without meeting her.