Following Pregtastic, which I’m obsessed with this week, I have one up and two downs this week.
The up, I went to my monthly OB/GY appointment on Tuesday, did the glucose test.
It wasn’t that bad. I drunk it within 10 sec while driving, it tastes just like a soda. I didn’t feel nausea afterward. Arrived just on time at the doctor office. I don’t know the result yet, but I guess since I didn’t get a call from him, I should have pass it. I’ll call next week to make sure.
The up is that my baby is measuring exactly 28 weeks 2 days! 😆 YEY! I was worried that the baby is not getting enough nutrient from me since I haven’t gained much weight and that she wasn’t growing at the normal pace. The doctor measured my belly, it’s exactly 28 cms. And then he did a quick ultrasound and measure baby’s head size, and it showed 28W2Ds. Perfect!!! 😆 I was soooooooo relieved. And the doctor did not even mention my low weight gain. YEY!!!!! I guess I’m right on track!
Down #1: My digestive system slowed down further more. For 5 days I was bloated, constipated and feeling full all the time. I barely could eat the normal size meal (I had to forced myself to finish it!) and feeling that I belly was going to explode. I don’t know what could have caused it. I didn’t change my diet, so I guess it’s just hormones. Fortunately it’s back to normal again now.
Down #2: Sleep is not as good as it used to be. I still sleep 7-8 hrs at night but the quality is not that good. After I wake 1-2 times to go to the bathroom, it takes me longer to get back to sleep and if I do, I sleep lighter so I don’t feel so rested. Another symptom or new thing is that I feel warm at night. Few times I had to check the temperature at night, which turned to be just as usual, but I found it too warm, so I had to turn the AC colder to be able to sleep.
Other than that, everything else is going well. I started telling people from work that I’m pregnant. And they’re all shocked that I’m already 7 months! I guess I was hiding it very well. 🙂 Really enjoyed looking their surprised faces. 😉
I started listening pregtastic podcasts! I listen to them on my way to/from work, when I’m working out, when I go to do groceries, etc. Basically ALL THE TIME!!! They’re soooo fantastic. I learned so much!!! I’ve gone through all breast feeding episodes, child birth procedures, and now I’m with birth experiences! If you’re pregnant, LISTEN to them!!!
The belly is poppinggggggg!!!!! 😯 I know nobody would say I am huge, but I feel that way sometimes and can’t imagine how big I would be in few weeks.
How I’m feeling at 29 weeks
- Baby size: squash. Average size: almost 17 inches long, and weighing 2.5-3 pounds
- Sleep: 7-8 hrs average but not-so-good quality
- Cravings: none. Liking peaches and tomatoes.
- Appetite/hunger: Not much appetite. Sometimes I do get hungry in the afternoon despite the bloatness, so I’d have 1-2 protein cakes.
- Exercise: Same as previous weeks
- Symptoms: Bloating, constipation, slow digestion. I also get thirsty more often than before so I am drinking all the time. No wonder I need to pee every 20 min.
- Weight: No gain this week, so still 6.5 lb in total. It doesn’t worry me too much since now I know that even I’m not gaining, the baby is still growing well. In addition, my belly did get bigger, so it’s okay. 🙂
- Maternity cloth? Not yet. Wearing more dresses. I think in a couple of weeks I’ll have to buy some. Any suggestion on brands?
- Stretch marks? Nope. Still proud of my clean belly.
- Gender: Girl!!!
- Movement: Movements in the morning, sometimes during the day when I’m not focusing on work, and then at night. Not crazy moves, but still moving everywhere. For few weeks, I was feeling the movement all on the right side, and now she’s on the left side. I’ve also noticed some shaking movements, I’m not sure if they’re hiccups because they don’t last long, maybe 3-4 shakes at the time.
- Emotions: Still very happy! The more I read and learn about pregnancy, birth and the first weeks after the baby is born, the more excited I get. Although it sounds overwhelming what’s going to come next, I’m sooo ready for the challenge. I was watching the K’tan video… and it my heart melted. I was close to cry. It’s such a sweet feeling holding/wearing the baby. I can’t wait to hold mine!!!!
- Looking forward: my first breast feeding class. From all I’ve read and heard, it’s even more challenging than the delivery, so I’d better get prepared!