I first wanted to make chinese radish cake (萝卜糕）but then I realized that I didn’t have rice flour. So I made pancake instead.
Radish pancake, chinese style (12 palm size pancakes)
- 900g, chinese radish
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 10-12 dry shiitake mushroom, hydrated
- 4 eggs beaten or 1 cup of egg white (I was running out of egg so I used carton egg white liquid)
- 1/4 cup WW flour
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- oil for sautee onion and shiitake
1) shred chinese radish. With a spiralizer it’s much easier.
2) boiled it in water for 3-4 min. Rise well and chop roughly.
3) hydrate shiitake mushrooms and chopped it or grounded it food processor
4) sautee onions in some oil and add to the radish
5) Add sautéed shiitake mushrooms
6) Mix flours, eggs and baking power and add to the mix.
7) Heat the pancake maker to 350F and spread the mix. Cook 5-6 min each side or until brown.
Final products! 🙂
Can’t wait to have them for breakfast with some homemade soy milk! 🙂
One response to “Food: radish pancake”
this sounds like a very creative breakfast. do you put the soy milk on top of the pancakes?