The last two weeks she got a growth spurt! My belly grew a lot as you can see in these pictures. Everyday I feel that she’s growing because I feel very bloated, full and energyless. I guess there was a lot going on inside the belly that took most of my energy. I went to work only one day last week and really enjoyed the rest. I also started to take iron supplement together with 1/2 orange daily because it’s common to get anemia during pregnancy and that can cause tiredness as well. Let’s see how that helps.
Look how big the belly has became
not visible from the front
my belly is sooooo round, and I can kind of see a niagra line there, can you?
can’t believe a small person is inside! 😯
and when I dress up… I can still hide it somehow
I wear old jeans (this was one of the first gift Star gave me 10 years ago and I love it) but I don’t button it
instead I use a belly band to cover the waist
what a great trick to save on maternity pants!
well… I guess when my butt and thighs start to expand, that won’t work anymore.
How I’m feeling at 23 weeks 4 days
- Baby size: papaya. Average size: 11-12 inches long, and weighing over 1 full pound
- Sleep: 7-8 hrs average. Few nights I woke up at 2 or 3 AM but were able to go back to sleep shortly.
- Cravings: none but I liking fresh peaches.
- Appetite/hunger: Still not much. Getting full pretty quickly. Sometimes after a normal meal, I feel I’d explode by how full I am.I’ve heard this before but I thought it would happen in third trimester. I’ve developed an aversion or lack of interest in meat in general. Any kind of meat, beef, chicken, fish, seafood, nothing sound appetizing. So I’ve been relying on eggs, tofu, legumes for protein. I guess Sofia would be an vegetarian for a while. 🙂
- Exercise: Elliptical and incline walking. No more jogging because I need to stop to pee every minute! Crazy! 😯
- Symptoms: energyless. I get tired very easily and need to rest as much as I can. It’s either due to growth spurt or anemia.
- Weight: +5-6 lbs and all in the belly. That means I’ve gained more than 1 lb/week during the last two weeks. No wonder how my belly grew so much.
- Maternity cloth? Not yet.
- Stretch marks? No but niagra line is showing up.
- Gender: Girl!!!
- Movement: More and more. Two weeks ago, I’d feel little bubbles but now I can feel real movements/kicks. I still can’t find a pattern of when she moves but feeling her moving inside really made me connect more to her, and feel this more real. Sometimes when I’m lie down quietly, she’s move for several minutes and if I put my hand on the belly, I can actually feel something is moving. It’s so magical! 😉 I’ve read other bloggers saying that when they eat something in particular, the baby moves more. I haven’t find this pattern yet, it would be so cool to kind of “communicate” with her one day, hopefully soon.