We had a 3 three-day weekend, the last one with Star until September 😦
- It was a productive and relaxing one. We did some house improvements. 🙂 We bought a patio set from IKEA last weekend and now it’s assembled! YEY!!!
Can’t wait to have breakfast and brunch there with friends 🙂
We Star also puts together the changing table for the baby. We got HEMMES from IKEA since it’s more practical to get a dresser instead of a changing table, so it can be used in the future as well.
and the crib.
now that the two major furnitures are assembled, I just need to do the decoration in the following months! 😉
- I made waffles for the week. I made 4 batches and freeze them, so everyday I just need to reheat it in the toaster.
- Saturday morning we went to strawberries picking! The first ones of the season! We went to Burtler’s Orchard, which is about 35 min drive from home.
It was a gorgeous day to be outdoor. The blue sky, the smell of green grass and the prettiest strawberries. Perfect activity! 🙂
It was not easy to find the perfectly red mature ones, so I was examining carefully
We ended up picking 7 pounds of strawberries. I tasted a few, they’re so juicy and sweet! 🙂
- Saturday afternoon, an old friend of mine came to visit us. We had a nice chat eating a bunch of chinese candies. 🙂
- Sunday was Mother’s day, so we had a date with another mom-to-be, my friend Sarah and her husband for brunch at Busboys and Poets
My outfit for the day
this is a new pair of pants that I got from Jcrew for girls, size 12. Yes, you read it right, I bought kids’ cloth and fits my 20+ body perfectly! 😉 When I first got it on mail, I tried it in one of those bloating days, I couldn’t zip it, so I was going to return it since I couldn’t tell how it fits me. But then after the bloating went away, it fits me perfectly and I love it. So summery! 🙂 I think in 1-2 weeks I won’t be able to zip it anymore, but at least I know it fits my normal body well. Maybe I could use a pregnant belly band to extend its use for another 1-2 weeks? we’ll see.
Star had classic egg benedict with grits
and I had an omelette with spinach, tomato, onion and feta cheese, served with house salad and toasts
it was a nice way to celebrate mother’s day. Good food and good friends to chat about how our lives will change in few months! 🙂
We invited a friend for dinner at home so I made chinese food for Star and Adam.