This has been a low key weekend, we stayed home most of the time but we did big progress at home! 🙂
- I’ve been trying to read more this week. Every night I’d spend 30-90 min reading. Star brought me 10+ books from China, and I’ve really enjoy reading them. It’s so easy to get distracted by TV, iPad nowadays that it’s hard to find time to read. But reading is something that I always enjoy a lot, so I like setting up a time for it everyday. 🙂
- Low key at work. I’ve started two projects with my coworkers. I like working with others because I learn a lot from them, but the inconvenience is that I can’t decide on how it progresses. If they’re busy with others things, I have to wait until I get their feedback to continue. But on Thursday, we’ve finally met and now I’m ready to continue! 🙂 I’m the kind of person that gets bored and discouraged if I don’t have much to do, and energized when I do. Workaholic? I think it’s just I love what I do.
- Friday: can’t remember. baby brain? 😯 oh…. the most relevant thing I did on Friday was to make the purchase of the crib online 🙂 I’ve been debating whether we should buy a high end crib or just a standard one. I like those at pottery barn kids, but they’re way too expensive. At first we were considering to buy a crib that is convertible to full size bed, but then I realized that by the time he gets to use a full size bed, we’d probably have another baby coming. Furthermore, baby/kids don’t take care of the furniture, so if we spend $$$ on a crib and he scratches it, I’d be pissed off. So, why not just buy a good/safe one that functions well as a crib instead of decoration. So, finally after a lot of research online, I’ve decided on this one.
- Saturday: in the morning we went to IKEA to buy two sets of doors for our new bookcases, a patio set and a dresser that will function as changing table at the nursery. Star finished assembling the bookcases and this is the final look of my office. 🙂
some decor on the bookcases: colored theme books
a wedding gift
newly purchased bookends
I love how my office looks now. 🙂
- Sunday: in the morning, we went to the mall to buy these bookends. I watched Contagion after lunch and then took a nap, while Star is assembling the dresser for our little king. 🙂
- I enjoy a lot this kind of low key weekends with Star. This is the one before last one before he leaves. And then until september I’ll be by my own. So I appreciate even more time alone with him, even if we’re doing different things in the house. Knowing that the other person is close by is enough, it feels safe and peaceful.
Q: if you had/have a baby, what’s the most important piece of furniture/thing in a nursery for you?