It has been a while since I do the update. In four weeks, I feel that my belly and breast grew quite bit. And the most exciting part? I think I felt some movement there. It happened only once when I was very quietly reading on the coach. Suddenly I felt some minor movement in my belly, like something is swimming. It was so magical! Can’t wait for some real movements! 😆
in my last doctor visit, he said that the uterus is just two fingers below the belly button. By week 20, it will be at the belly button.
a noticeable rounded belly. 🙂
How I’ve been feeling at 17 weeks and 4 days
- Completely normal. My energy is back. Except for the growing belly, I don’t feel pregnant at all! 🙂
- Sleep: back to normal too which means 6-7 hrs, sometimes 8 and I don’t feel tired the next day.
- Cravings: none.
- Appetite/hunger. Normal. No food aversion but no more hunger than I normal. Therefore I haven’t been eating more than usual.
- Exercise: I start jogging, slowly, at 5.7 miles/hr for 10-20 min. It feels more tiring than before and but I’m glad that I can do it. Treadmill intervals combines with Elliptical machines and 2-3 times of strength workout with Tracy Anderson DVD.
- Other: constipation and bloating. For like a week, I was feeling extremely bloated. I tried colace, the pregnancy safe stool softener. Unfortunately it didn’t work. I’m trying to incorporate more fibers these days and slowly it’s started moving again. I think the main problem is lack of mobility, or lazy bowls, which is pretty normal during pregnancy.
- Skin: crazy breakouts on my chin and around my mouth! I blame it to hormonal changes. 😦
- Pain: some lower back discomfort.
- Weight: 1-2 lb up from pre-pregnancy. I’m still below the minimum recommended weight gain. My doctor is not concerned because both Star and I are thin, so our baby won’t be a big one. Also, I’ve discovered during my trip to Buenos Aires, and reading this book that the american recommended weight gain is higher than other countries. For example, the recommended weight gain is between 25-30 lb in the US; under 20 lbs in Argentina and 20-25 lbs in France. My doctor also told me not to gain more than 22 lbs. So I think I’m going to continue to eat healthy, incorporate a variety of fresh food and good source of protein and fat, and exercise. As long as my blood test continues to be normal and the baby grows at the normal rate.
IWe should be fine. 🙂