- The biggest news last week was the sudden change of trip plan. Fortunately I made my mind and still going to Argentina.
- Mom left on Sunday morning 3AM :shock:. Star was kind of take her to the airport and left me sleep.
- I ordered pregnancy/birth/baby books to read on the trip. Sometime when I think about what to do when the baby arrives, I get panicked. What if I don’t understand him/her? What if she/he gets sick and I don’t know about it? What if I don’t produce milk? How am I going to deal with sleepless night and constant feeding? All these questions without answer scared me. So to calm me know, I need to educate myself! Obviously, I know there’s no way I can fully prepared myself for what’s coming next, but at least I should try not to panic and get the theory first. Whether I can put them into practice or not, that’s another issue! Hopefully with the help of two moms (mine and Star’s), we’ll figure it out together.
- Friday: I had the day off. We did groceries to make more wontons and some shopping in the afternoon.
- Saturday: We went to Chez Francois again because we all liked the food last time we went there. Again, we had the five-course menu.
started with some garlic bread, dinner rolls and multigrain rolls that I love (had 2 big ones!) with butter and cottage cheese spread.
a quiche as pre-starter
For appetizer, mom had smoked salmon plate with cucumber salad and toasts
Star had the lobster bisque
and I had again the mushroom crepe
the house salad which was great! I had mine and Star’s.
For entree, mom had fillet mignon
the sauce that came with it
Star had fish with caper sauce
and I had again Beef Bourguignon, spaëtzles and seasonal vegetables
for dessert, mom had the chocolate cake with ginger ice cream
Star had the passion fruit mousse cake
and I had ice cream and sorbet tulip. I loved the pistachio ice cream! 🙂
The food was really nice, which left me very full and none of us felt eating dinner afterward, but we did anyway! 🙂
- Sunday: mom left and Star and I had the house for just two of us for the first time since we moved in. We didn’t do much… we packed, we watched TV on our ipads, we took a nap and relaxed. We were back again to he-cleans-I-cook-mode! I love our domestic core together! 🙂