- Last week was an important one. I submitted two papers that I’ve been working since last october and I met with the manager of the unit I want to work for the next 4-5 years. I was very nervous that day but fortunately all went very well. We talked about 40 min and it was one of the best interview I’ve ever had! So… if nothing unexpected happens, I’m going to get the job! 😆
- I started to get sick of the food our cafeteria serves. So I explored some options. Other than choptsalad, I tried a korean bibimbap place. I got four type of veggies and seaweed as topping and the base was brown rice.
it looks good but I didn’t like it because the veggies and the rice were way too oily. It was not helpful for my slow digestive track these days. Finally, I tried piadine with grilled vegetables and fontina cheese at breadline. It’s a wrap made with a thick grilled bread filled with a lot of grilled veggies and cheese. I’m definitely getting it again and take a pic to show you.
- I found a new after-dinner snack that I like a lot. Mung bean ice bar.
- I got a new hair cut and really like the salon I found. I already sent Star and two friends there!
- The weather is getting warm and I’ve been shopping a little bit, so more outfit pics to come. 🙂
pant (zara), shirt (H&M), blazer (china) and shoe (Tod’s)
- Last Saturday we had lunch with a couple friends to one of our favorite chinese restaurant in VA.
sweet and sour calamari with veggies
frog with chinese yellow chives and sweet peas
tofu stew with chicken
chinese greens with tons of garlic (love it!)
fish ball with lotus root (another love!)
After lunch they came to home and the guys play pingpong. It’s a couple that we recently met (from work) and we really like them. 🙂
- On Sunday, we went to Il Mee, a korean buffet with some old friends. We went there 4 years ago and my mom loved it so much that wanted to go back since then. There were a lot of cold dishes
my plate #1
some spicy veggie and egg soup
two full plate of meat for 6 of us
and I went back for more veggies. Overall the food was good but not spectacular. I never liked buffet because I don’t eat that much to take advantage of it, and usually buffet’s food is not so well made.
The rest of the afternoon was relaxing. I spent the afternoon/evening watching chinese tv-series. I’ve been on a tv kick lately! 🙂 What a great way to waste time and unwind! 🙂
Q1: Do you like buffets?
Q2: Do you like korean food? What’s your favorite dish? Mine is definitely bibimbap! love the spicy sauce!