- I spent some time last week reading old posts and the life being grad-student. It seems so long time ago, like it happened in another life. Although the life was quite boring and stressful, mainly research at home alone, I found the way to make it more interesting and taught myself to be more optimist about everything. Meanwhile this blog provided me a space to vent out and the opportunities to interact with fellow bloggers. Although everyday I worked most of the day, I managed to make some creative dishes to complement my boring life. As I tell to people that is considering to do a Ph.D, these 5 years experience will be life-changing, you’ll get so much more from the title itself. It’s a training to one’s mind, one of the best kind.
- Star left on Thursday night for a business trip for 12 days. I miss him and like him around but this break is good for my mom and me. When Star is around, I spend more of the time with Star so I am taking the advantage of being with my mom alone. It’s nice to be connected with her again. I envy those that talk to mom everyday when they don’t like together. Sometimes I feel that even she’s around, I don’t really communicate with her in a daily basis. I know what she wants is so little, just talk with her to show my love, but I was doing so poorly. I feel bad of being a bad daughter and I will do my best to improve in the future.
- Friday: off from work. We spent the morning between Tjs, WF and chinese groceries stores. In the afternoon, we watched TV together.
- Saturday: For lunch I made burger for mom and stir-fry for me.
it was really easy to make: I used 200g grounded meat, 1/4 cup breadcrumb and 1/2 egg, S+P to make two burgers. Grill it on the stove, add 1 slice of tomato and some lettuce.
She liked it. After lunch, we were both really full so we need to move around to digest a little bit, we went to Tysons Corner shopping mall.
I got 3 items: 1 strip t-shirt at forever21
another t-shirt at forever21 that has wholes at the upper arms
both t-shirts are extremely comfy and lose. Can’t wait to wear them in spring-summer.
A long shirt from H&M.
the moment we saw it, we both agreed that it would look nice on me and it did!
- Sunday: leisure morning and after lunch Qiao came with some of her friends and we had a great dinner! 🙂 It was fun to catch up with a friend that we haven’t seen for three years.