Last week was a quick one because I didn’t have to work on Friday.
- I finished revising my paper (finally!)
- I’m actively looking for my second rotation so I met with many people that I’ve never met before. At first it’s kind of weird to meet people for lunch/coffee that you don’t know, but after a while, you learn how to deal with the situation and you don’t obsess with what to talk about, how to impress the other person, etc. Just act naturally and everyone feels comfortable. Networking is really not as hard as it sounds.
- Friday: stayed at home relaxing during the day and at night we went to a friend’s birthday party. All of my closest friend got a job and they’re celebrating. Only one couple will stay in DC area. I’m pretty sad that two of my favorite person (Cesar and Pablo) will leave the country, but I know they will enjoy the new life and I hope our friendship lasts forever.
- Saturday: we had lunch with Qiao at Asian delight restaurant. Stay at home chatting, catching up with another friend in Chicago area, and cooked a chinese dinner at home. Adam joined us for dinner.
- Sunday: we invited our friends (Cesar, Pablo, Belen and Agustin and their significant other) for lunch at Uncle Liu’s. After lunch we came home and played ping-pong until 6pm. I was sad after they left because I know half of this of wonderful people will depart for their journey soon. Although I can make new friends from work, it’s never going to be the same. They will always have a special place in my heart, we share the purest friendship on earth! I love you, my friends!
- Monday: federal holiday so I stayed at home. Star had to work so I spent the morning catching up with blogs and emails. Made dumplings with mom and read a little bit for work. Nap and rest! It was a busy weekend and I really needed the day off!