Roasted Beet Salad with Feta Cheese
Ingredients (8 servings)
- 3 medium roasted beets
- 1 small box of baby lettuce
- 4 oz. feta cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup balsamic
- make the dressing mixing olive oil, balsamic and salt
- pour the dressing over lettuce, chopped beets and feta cheese. Mix.
Blinis with Smoked Salmon and Sour Cream adapted from Martha Stewart’s
Ingredients for 24 blinis
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 pound smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- Fresh dill for garnish
Beef Short Ribs Braised in Red Wine adapted from Lauren’s Kitchen
Ingredients (8 servings)
- 3.5 lbs of boneless beef short ribs
- 1/2 cup flour
- sea salt and pepper
- 1/2 lb baby carrots
- 1 lb. roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 medium potatoes, diced
- 5-10 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 bottle of red wine, I used a blend
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Preheat the oven to 325 F
- In a bowl, combine some sea salt, pepper, and flour. Season the ribs with more salt and pepper, and dredge each beef short ribs until they are lightly coated on all sides with the flour mixture.
- Heat the olive oil and butter until it’s just melted and foamy.
- Sear the ribs in the melted butter and olive oil at least 3-4 minutes per side; until the ribs are nice and brown and slightly crispy.
- Transfer the ribs to a plate, and lower the heat on the range to medium.
- Remove all but 2 Tbsp of the fat/olive oil/butter mixture, and add the onions, carrots, and potatoes. Season with a bit of salt at this point.
- Saute the vegetables for about 5-7 minutes and then add the garlic, tomatoes, thyme and oregano.
- Add the sugar and combine everything together and deglaze with the wine.
- Add the stock and cook for 3 hours.
- Season more salt if needed.
To make 6 cannellonis
Make 16 pancakes with
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup flour
Spinach filling. Ingredients
- 1 package of frozen chopped spinach
- 1 package of frozen corn kernel, grounded
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2-3 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- heat the oil and sauteed onions with peppers
- add spinach and corn and cook for 5 min
- add the cheese
- cool it down and set aside
- 2 oz. butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cup milk
- Heat the milk to boil
- In another pot, heat the butter until it melts
- Turn off the heat and add the flour and mix well.
- Add S+P
- Turn on the heat and incorporate the milk slowly mixing it constantly until it gets thick.
- Make pancakes with the filling
- Cover the white sauce to the cannellonis
- Bake at 350F for 15-20 min
Molten Chocolate Lava Cake with Vanilla Ice Cream from Tasty Kitchen
- 8 pieces (squares) Semi-sweet Baking Chocolate
- 2 sticks butter
- 1.5 cups Powdered Sugar
- 4 whole Eggs
- 4 whole Egg Yolks
- ¾ cups Flour
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray muffin pan with Pam
- Microwave chocolate and butter in large bowl on high for about 1 minute, until butter is melted. whisk until chocolate is also melted.
- Stir in sugar until well blended. Whisk in eggs and egg yolks. Stir in flour.
- Pour over muffin pan
- Bake 13-14 minutes until sides are firm and center is soft. Let stand 1 minute.
- Serve with ice cream