I started the petit macro 10 days plan!!! 😆
This is a very simple macrobiotic meal that you can have almost any time of year.
soft cooked brown rice
miso soup with daikon and onion
blanched collard greens with toasted white sesame seeds
I was lazy and didn’t feel like making lunch according to the plan, so I had leftovers.
After a yoga class in the evening I made proper dinner: Spiral Rice Pasta with Salad and Soy Meat
It was way more delicious that I expected!!!! 😯 You have to try it!!!
Spiral Rice Pasta with Salad and Soy Meat adapted from Mayumi’s Kitchen
Ingredients for one:
- 40 g TVP
- 1 tbsp shoyo
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1.5 tbsp kuzu powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/8 cup water
- 1 cup (55g) dry spiral rice pasta
- 1 oz. diced onion
- 1 oz. diced carrot
- 1 oz. diced celery
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bunch of collard greens chopped and boiled
- Hydrated TVP with water for 15 min, discharge the liquid. Add shoyo and mirin and soak for 10 min. Squeeze out excess liquid, reserving it and mix with kuzu powder.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil and dry the TVP until nicely browned. Add 1/8 cup water plus shoyo and mirin liquid from step 1. Cook until it absorbs all the liquid. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta and collard greens.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil and saute the veggies, seasoned with S+P.
- Mix the pasta, the veggies and the soy meat and serve.
The menu has no snack options, so I had copious amount of brown rice with pickles!
I love macrobiotic meals!!! Everything tastes good, comforting and calming. The only downside is that the amount indicated for one is too little food for me. I had extra 2-3 cups of brown rice along the day.
I think the biggest changes from the way I used to eat is to cut on dairy, eat more brown rice, snack little and almost no fruit. I’ll see how all these make me feel 🙂
A random question: How many times per month do you eat meat (fish/chicken/beef/pork)?