Ingredients for 1 big or 2 medium pancakes:
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3/4 cup APF
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1-2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp chicken MSG (optional)
1. Heat the oil
2. when the oil is hot, add chopped green onions and stir-fry until they begin to turn brown (1-2 min)
3. Add salt.
4. Combine flour with water
5. Add the egg
7. chicken MSG
8. Stir-fried green onions
9. Heat the oil again
10. Pour the mix and cook it at low heat for 6-7 min if you’re making 1 big pancake or 4-5 min if you’re making two small ones
11. Flip it
12. Continue to cook it. This side takes shorter time, probably half of the previous side.
This is a typical chinese breakfast meal. It is also street food. Usually served with soy milk.
Recap of the dinner I prepared for 6 people on Sunday night 🙂
凉拌虾米芹菜 Celery & dry shrimp salad
娃娃菜炒木耳 baby chinese cabbage sauteed with black fungus
清蒸鲈鱼 steamed fish
红烧肉 red sauce pork Coco’s style 😉
手撕白菜 Sichuan-style spicy cabbage
香辣猪脚 spicy pork feet
辣子鸡 spicy chicken
红油豆腐 red oil tofu
什锦排骨汤 Pork ribs soup with veggies
I have tutorials for some of these dishes~~~ 😀
Q: What was the typical breakfast you had when you were a kid?