Now, you have the chance to win it too! 😆
First, a little more info about whole grains. There are at least 5 ways Whole Grains can change your life
- Heart health. Heart-healthy diets rich in whole grain foods can reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Reduce cancer risk. Low fat diets rich in fiber-containing grain products, fruits and vegetables may reduce the risk of some types of cancer, particularly of the stomach and colon.
- Manage diabetes. The American Diabetes Association recommends whole grain as part of a diabetic diet.
- Keep you regular. Fiber from whole grains promotes regularity and keeps the intestines working smoothly to help maintain good digestive health.
- Weight management. A growing body of evidence supports that people who eat more whole grain tend to have healthier body weights and gain less weight over time than those who don’t.
General Mills is the only leading cereal company to guarantee at least eight grams of whole grain in every box.
What’s Your Whole Grain IQ? Take the challenge at WholeGrainNation.com
In addition to the whole grain announcement, last month General Mills committed to further reduce sugar in cereals advertised to kids under 12. The company has already been reducing sugar in cereals while increasing key nutrients, such as calcium and vitamin D, and providing whole grain.
General Mills and My Blog Spark have generously offered to give one reader a Grains of Goodness prize pack.
Prize includes two coupons for a FREE Big G cereal product, a breakfast chiller, large cereal mug, and tote bag.
Ways to participate:
1) Leave a comment on this post answering the following question: How do you incorporate whole grains into your diet?
2) Blog about it and leave a separate comment letting me know.
3) Twitt about it.
Please leave a separate comment for each entry. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents.
Giveaway ends Wednesday, March 17th, 2010 9PM Eastern Time