I “mindlessly” woke up at 3AM :shock:, didn’t know what to do 🙄 Then “mindlessly” continued reading Mindless Eating . This is a fascinating book. Contrary to the title, nothing that we do is truly mindless! If you think you do, think again! I haven’t finished it yet, so just pointing out some fun/interesting things that I found so far:
- The forgotten food: our stomach doesn’t record well what we put in there because outside signals are plenty and we tend to forget to listen to inner signals to stop eating.
- Allie just mentioned this: the Costco effect. If you go to Costco, you’ll be forced to buy more (with the excuse to save $$). If you buy more, you tend eat more.
- Size illusion: if you serve the same portion of food in a 12-inch plate or 8-inch plate, your satisfaction level will be completely different.
- The “see-food” trap: if food is more visible to you (in a glass bowl instead of white bowl for example) you’ll eat more. Don’t tease your willpower. 👿
- Family, friends and Fat: On average, if you eat with one other person, you’ll eat about 35% more than you otherwise would. If you eat with a group of seven or more, you’ll let 96% more. Eat alone or eat in group? If you tend to be a heavy eater, eat with a group. if you’re a lighter eater, eat alone.
- We taste what we expect (told) to taste. If someone describes you the menu with detail and fancy names, you’ll savor it more than if you read in a plain menu.
- Myths about comfort food. 1. Most comfort foods are indulgently unhealthy; 2. People tend to eat comfort foods when they’re sad, stressed or bored; 3. comfort food preferences become fixed when we are children.
Q1: Do you save the best for last or do you eat your favorite foods first?
Give me your answer and I tell you why. 😉
Productivity came back yesterday 😀 I hope it continues through the weekend! Yes, I’m becoming workaholic! 😆
Breakfast looks nasty but was yummy~ Green oatbran topped with the new secret chocolate pudding (recipe at the end)
No AM juice. I didn’t get hungry all morning and as Gina suggested, don’t force yourself to eat. 😉
Lunch came late (2PM) and was prepared in 25 min.
sauteed chinese mustard with garlic
stir-fry broccoli, tofu, dry shrimp and black fungus
it was good, but not as good as Vivani Dark Chocolate with Espresso.
Dinner at 8PM. With a 90% empty fridge, lunch leftover and being late, I made this: Green tea soba noodle + lunch leftover + mushrooms + tons of sesame seeds
I got new Surprise in the mail
Okay. The secret ingredient for the chocolate pudding was CHIA!!! Yey~~ did you guess it?
- 1/3 chia gel
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 2 tbsp almond breeze
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder (you can use less if you don’t want it to be too bitter)
- Blend all together and enjoy~ 🙂
Q2: Which “mindless” thing do you do?
Send me your BSI entry PLEASE!!! 😥