Hey ladies! thanks for the complements about my purchases, it’s always good to know that I have good tastes. 😛
Yesterday I didn’t do anything productive in term of work and I think I won’t be until next monday. But I spent some good time (4 hours) catching up with my classmates and doing socials. I’m not a social person per se, I don’t like to hang out with people for convenience, but I think sometimes it’s necessary to be integrated into a group. What do you think? Do you hang out with your coworkers or classmates?
Okay. Since my food yesterday was poor and not interesting (I dunno why, but I lost my appetite and hunger since I am back). It’s a good moment to lay down the plan for my parents: to lose some weight (specially body fat), do a minor detox (they’re been on SAD their entire life), teach them a health lifestyle which includes What to eat? How to eat? and Get moving. So, here’s the W&W plan:
- Juicing first thing in the morning
- Low sugar content fruits (blueberries/strawberries/green apples) as AM snack
- Oatmeal/sprouted breads with fruit jam (sweetened with stevia) if they need denser food in the morning. I’m pretty sure they’ll need it at the beginning.
- Raw/cooked veggies salad at lunch, avocado/brown rice/tofu/carrot mayonnaise as topping.
- PM snacks: more juice, Green monster, homemade nut/seed milk, homemade muffins, more sprouted breads, fruits.
- Dinner: salad + cooked meal (fish 2-3 times/week, eggs 1-2 times/week, beans/tofu 2 times/week)
- Dessert: dark chocolate/fake ice cream/kabocha
- Walking at least 30 min a day
- Rebounding if I can get a mini trampoline soon
- 2-3 times a week of strength training. Both of my parents have never done strength work, so I’ll start very gently and slowly with them.
- 2-3 times a week of yoga
What I want to achieve with this plan?
- Incorporate veggies into their diet
- Lose 5-6 pounds each of them
- Lower body fat and gain muscles
- Lower bad cholesterol
- Increase immune system, especially my mom have been told to have it low
- Increase calcium intake for my mom who has been diagnosed osteoporosis
It was inspired by Detox for Woman, reviewed here, but only 50% of it. I know it’s going to be hard for them to change old habits, but both of them and I are determined to do it and there’s no better place/time than these two months here in USA with me. 😀 Any other suggestion?
Before I go-off, a quick of my eats a la Janetha
8AM: GM (AB/banana/spinach), sprouted bread with fruit jam
10AM: coffee with milk, launching this little man
12AM: delicious peach after I came back from post office with my hold mails.
1PM: Green superfood
Review: I was skeptical about this bar because I can’t imagine making a tasty bar with Green Powders. But it actually tastes pretty good, a good chocolate flavor and nuts for some interesting crunches.
2PM: sandwich at university with my classmates (spelt bread, tofu spread and veggies). No pic! (I can’t imagine my classmates knowing about this blog)
6PM: frozen blueberries + BB
Look! it’s kind of gold
Dessert: white fungus + kabocha
My mom will arrive today at 4PM! I haven’t seen her for 9 months! I’m so EXCITED!! 😀
Question: Are your parents health-conscious? Do you talk about nutrition with them?