We had a low key weekend because after a week of work all I want to do was stay at home, do nothing and be with Sofia.
The weather was cold and still some snow on Saturday, so I didn’t step out from Thursday to Saturday.
On 1/20 Star sent me this lovely bouquet of roses
It was our 2 years anniversary of getting married officially. I totally forgot about it until I received the flower. It’s nice to have a husband who remember all those special dates.
What I love doing on weekends is baking, it’s truly therapeutic.
I made these high protein macaroons
High protein macaroons, adapted from Briitany’s recipe
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 10 drops of liquid stevia
- 25g vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup dried, unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Whisk together egg whites, stevia, and maple syrup in a medium sized bowl.
- Add protein powder, oat flour and shredded coconut and stir until combined.
- Use a Tablespoon to scoop batter onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool before transferring to a sealed container for storage.
I also made some buns for my parents
Plain bun (bread machine)
- 1.25 cup warm water
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2.5 tsp yeast
- Add all the ingredients in this order into the bread machine
- Choose dough cycle
- Form round shapes of the dough with your hand. Let it rest in a warm area for 30 min
- Steam for 20 min
Had another salad with romaine, roasted brussel sprouts, cucumber mixed with mmm sauce and kale chips as topping.
And baked tilapia with italian seasoning and pepper.
Sofia’s eczema got worse the next day, so I think I won’t have fish/seafood any time soon.
A quick stop at Tj’s to get supplies for next week’s lunch salads
new product to try
I’m planing to use it as salad topping.
And then I made slow cooker chicken using only 3 ingredients: chicken breast, salsa verde and Tj’s 21 seasoning.
spray the slow cooker, pour everything and cook at low for 8 hrs.
Once it’s done, shredded with a fold (basically just mix a bit and it’s all shredded)
discharge the liquid and it’s ready as salad topping
Also prepare the salad base. I buy organic romaine and baby spinach. Cut, wash, sprint and ready to be used. Added some chopped mushrooms in it too.
The base for the salad: romaine, spinach, persian cucumber, cherry tomato, mushroom
topping options: roasted sprouts, broccoli, eggplant, chicken, eggs, turkey bacon.
dressing: mmm sauce
And then the whole family head to the chinese supermarket. We got $150 worth of groceries which will last for two weeks.
Next stop: korean BBQ for lunch
bugoli: marinated shredded beef
seafood pancake: my parents loved it
spicy tofu stew: I loved it.
hot pot bibimpa: we all loved it.
I spent the afternoon writing blogs, trying new makeup styles
facial, yoga and ended the evening with a movie in the bed. Perfect lazy Sunday!~
Q: What do you like doing on weekends to unwind?